Sr. Software Embedded Engineer
Thanks for checking us out. Terradepth is looking for a Sr. SW Embedded Engineer to bring his or her skills and abilities on our journey to the depths of the ocean and back.
As a Sr. Software Embedded Engineer, we know that the day-to-day tools, projects, timelines and scope of work is key to feeling fulfilled each and every day. Along with that, Terradepth highly values not only the “what” our employees do, but “how” they do it. Comradery and peer to peer interaction is key to success.
What you’ll do
The Sr. Software Embedded Engineer will utilize their experience and develop software programs for an ongoing autonomous underwater vehicle (AUV) development. You’ll contribute (or help lead in the) to software design, development, test, and maintenance for various aspects of the AUX (automation, system interfaces, communications, logging, decision trees, etc.). To accomplish this, you
- Work as part of a small team in the development, test, and demonstration AUV functionality.
- From there, engage your peers and other engineering team members by contributing to technical requirements documents, ICDs, and system design.
- Looking broadly; your responsibilities lie across the full SDLC—from requirements gathering, design, development, validation, and maintenance of the code base.
- You’ll roll up your sleeves and participate in lab, proofing (at Lake Travis), and in-situ (ocean) testing. That’s right, you may even get a little wet.
- Mentor and invest without being asked. Share your knowledge and insight with others no matter what level, we can all learn from each other
- You may be asked to do some other duties from time to time. That includes traveling up to 10% (best guess).
How about you? What Education, Experience and Other Skills do we need?
- BS Degree in Computer Science or similar. Advanced degree a plus
- 10+ years related work experience.
- Hands on experience working with:
- C++ (14, 17, or 20), C
- Python (2 or 3)
- Multi-threaded/process applications in Linux
- Socket programming (TCP/IP)
- Open-source software packages
- mySQL or similar database development
- QT or similar U/I development
- DevOps tools (git, JIRA, Jenkins)
- Dedication to program development methodologies (e.g., TDD, code reviews) that promote working and maintainable code for use in production.
- Ability to learn new software languages, interfaces, and software tools.
- Attention to detail and commitment to delivery.
We’d also love it if you had the following, but it isn’t necessary, and we are happy to invest in training and building your talent and skills
- Work experience in an adjacent technical field—Autonomous vehicles, unmanned drones (aerial or maritime), industrial robotics, or DoD.
- Programming experience in the fields of autonomy, hardware controls, marine navigation, or multi-discipline endeavors.
- Programming experience with ROS or other robotics infrastructures.
- 99% Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Unlimited PTO
- Work-life balance
Additional tidbits you may find interesting
Located in Austin, Texas we are a company of about 30 employees with a wide array of skills, abilities, knowledge, and insight. We believe in investing in others and continual learning for ourselves. Challenging the status quo and exploring alternatives? Yes, please! Have a question? Bring it. Outside the box thinker? Tell us what’s on your mind. Team-player, knowledge seeker and mad skilled mentor who pays it forward, brings ideas and engages in innovate thought processes… now you’re speaking our language!
We work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment. Moving and responding on a dime, multi-tasking and adjusting is critical to success. There can be multiple projects with various timeframes. If you are disorganized, that may be an issue. In summary, problem solving, working under pressure, and adapting to fluctuating priorities and timelines is part of who we are and what we do each and every day.