Software Engineer, Front End
The Software Engineer, FE will develop cloud/web software for our ocean data portal. The work will include front end development, unit testing and working with DevOps to enable end-to-end testing. The position is part of the Terradepth engineering team.
- Work as part of a small team in the development, coding, testing and demonstrating the full system. Follow TDD practice writing testing protocols along with the code.
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of cloud utilities, standards, interface protocols, and software components and tools.
- Engage on the technical team ensuring overall success and contributing to technical requirements documents, designs, and problem solutions.
- Responsible for frontend software programming including shared responsibility for system testing and inputs into associated developments.
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering plus 2+ years direct experience in web development OR equivalent experience.
Front End Skills (Needed)
- HTML (5) + CSS
- HTTP(S) + REST, JSON processing
- Some interaction with UI interface design, dashboards, and displaying figures and graphics on web layers.
- Development with Responsive / Adaptive Web Design for different front ends. Mainly desktop, but could potentially be mobile platforms also.
- Version Control: Git
- Dedication to development methodologies that promote working, clean code.
- Ability to pick up new interfaces, software and tools.
- Web Application Architecture
- Cloud User portal development, login mechanism, session management, security, presentation widgets, talking with backend servers, potentially large volume data transfer handling between frontend and backend.
- Cloud Platform: GCP, but open to AWS / Azure
- Understanding of cloud functions or big data handling is a plus.
- Agile SW Dev Processes, CI / CD familiarity
- Some familiarity with interfacing with backend servers such as SQL Servers, Mongo DB, NodeJS, Google Cloud SQL DBMS, Serverless architecture is expected.
- Nice to have: Charting: d3, nvd3, Geospatial: Cesium API, working with Google Maps API, ArcGIS Pro and Esri Cloud Platform for GIS, layering on top of 3D maps using either Google Maps or ArcGIS.
- Understanding of DevOps Security, CORS principles, and web application security in general.
- Nice to have: 3D Visualization: three.js or equivalent is desirable.
- 99% Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Unlimited PTO
- Work-life balance
- WFH Flexible
Additional Tidbits You May Find Interesting
Located in Austin, Texas we are a company of about 30 employees with a wide array of skills, abilities, knowledge, and insight. We believe in investing in others and continual learning for ourselves. Challenging the status quo and exploring alternatives? Yes, please! Have a question? Bring it. Outside the box thinker? Tell us what’s on your mind. Team-player, knowledge seeker and mad skilled mentor who pays it forward, brings ideas and engages in innovate thought processes… now you’re speaking our language!
We work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment. Moving and responding on a dime, multi-tasking and adjusting is critical to success. There can be multiple projects with various timeframes. If you are disorganized, that may be an issue. In summary, problem solving, working under pressure, and adapting to fluctuating priorities and timelines is part of who we are and what we do each and every day.